[Ardour-Users] please hint me to the docs

m.eik michalke m at reaktanz.de
Mon Jun 15 16:27:45 PDT 2020

hi,

earlier today i made my first successful steps in getting a presonus
StudioLive 24.4.2 to work with ardour and KXStudio. after two and a half
painful hours of trial and only errors, including compiling newer FFADO-
drivers without the desired effect, i figured out there was a firewire
misconfiguration on the board itself, and as soon as i had set the firewire
device from 1 to 0 it was immediately recognized by the automatically loaded
ALSA dice driver. that was neat. looks like i don't need FFADO at all.

a first test with ardour was successful, but here it comes: the ALSA driver
seems to only offer 16 of the 24 supported audio channels. i suspect it
doesn't correctly detect the model but takes it for a StudioLive 16.4.2 (the
sound card is listed as just "studiolive" in ALSA's list of devices). my
problem is that even after searching for some hours i wasn't able to even find
a list of devices currently supported by the dice driver, let alone how to
possibly set the correct model (given that it is generally supported). my hope
is that someone here can hint me to some doc and i can take it from there...
any ideas where to look?

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::.       ..    ..::  dipl. psych. : : m.eik michalke  ::..    ..  ..  .::