[Ardour-Users] MIDI "Rolling mallets"

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jan 19 10:45:58 PST 2020

On Sun, 2020-01-19 at 17:46 +0000, Gordonjcp wrote:
> So, an arpeggiator?

Good point :). When reading filter I thought of an audio filter to
affect the audio stream. Actually filter probably was meant as a MIDI
"filter" and not as an audio stream EQ alike filter. My bad.

An arpeggiator without doubts is what the OP is looking for.

However, what I described, manipulating the audio stream, to transform
hold notes into a rhythm pattern, is often done by contemporary music
productions.

Almost all synths nowadays come with their own arpeggiator, hence my
confusion.