[Ardour-Users] MIDI "Rolling mallets"

Chuck Raudonis chuckraudonis at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 20:29:02 PST 2020

 Hi,
I want to simulate the sound of playing a steel drum where the note being held is rolled over and over either with itself or the same note an octave up.  The MIDI track will have two notes held as a chord for the note duration and the filter/plugin will take those two notes and roll them at a speed of maybe 1/32 of a beat alternating between the two of them.  1212121212 which simulates the player rolling his two mallets on the two notes.
I've looked all around for something to do this and haven't found anything.  I want the input to be the recorded MIDI and the output is the modified MIDI that goes out to the instrument loaded on that track.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!