[Ardour-Users] MIDI in multiple sessions

Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Wed Jan 15 11:37:46 PST 2020

On 15.01.2020 01:37, Matt Keys wrote:
> I found the libre music production tutorials on Muse + Ardour helpful: https://libremusicproduction.com/tutorials.html . The documentation on midi https://manual.ardour.org/midi/ is pretty good too.

Thank you for that tip, it seems to be lots of good info there.

As for my question, (how to use MIDI between different Ardour sessions)
it turns out I have to right click on the MIDI region I want to use and
choose ... 'Export'!

Save to somewhere convenient and import from desired session.

Easy, as soon as I could find it!

Since there was no suitable option in Session > Export, which is where I
went first - maybe the MIDI export could be an option here as well?
Something like:

Session > Export > Export MIDI regions

Best regards,
Alf