[Ardour-Users] Ardour not finding plugins

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Wed Jan 1 11:17:41 PST 2020

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

It appears I'd also managed to remove the version of liblilv I previously
compiled, and was running on the distro version. Rebuilding solved the problem.

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 11:45:39 -0700
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

>Always begin such issues by running lv2ls.
>
>Ardour (and all other LV2 hosts) do not contain their own code to discover
>plugins - they use liblilv which is also used by lv2ls.
>
>If lv2ls can find them, Ardour should also. If it cannot, then there are
>subsequent steps to take.
>
>Note that the search path built in to liblilv is a compile-time option, and
>can vary.
>
>On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:33 AM Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk>
>wrote:
>
>> Due to some fat-fingering while cleaning up, I managed to lose my Ardour
>> install (although I confess I hadn't used it for a while).
>>
>> When I rebuilt it I found it couldn't find any LV2 plugins located
>> in /usr/local/lib
>>
>> If I make symlinks in /usr/lib everything is fine.
>>
>> I don't know if I've still got something screwy, or if it is an Ardour
>> problem,
>> except that {cough}other{cough} sequencers don't have the same problem.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> This is on a 3.1G dual core Intel, running devuan testing.
>>
>> --
>> Will J Godfrey
>> http://www.musically.me.uk
>> Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
>> Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.