[Ardour-Users] add group to stem filename

m.eik michalke m at reaktanz.de
Tue Feb 4 13:10:50 PST 2020

hi,

we're finally at the point where all the recordings for our album are in place
and i've started exporting stems for mixing. the first song i exported ended
up with 110 mono files.

it would be a very helpful feature if i was able to include the group name in
the exported stem files. especially for a third person (in our case the one
who will do the actual mixing) to organize the files for import.

so when a project is called "song", the group is "drums" and a track "snare",
it would be helpful to get stems named like "song_drums_snare*.wav". as far as
i can see i currently have to name the track "drums_snare" to achieve this.

what do you think?

viele grüße :: m.eik

--
::.       ..    ..::  dipl. psych. : : m.eik michalke  ::..    ..  ..  .::