[Ardour-Users] PCIe expansion chassis for Linux

Roger gurusonic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 00:18:44 PDT 2020

On 8/8/20 5:07 pm, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trying to figure out how to get a functional optical Madi in/out on my
> Ubuntu studio setup on a Dell XPS laptop, does anyone here have
> experience with PCIe expansion chassis in which something like a RME
> madi card can be mounted (or any other)?
>
> Another useful Madi on Linux laptop experience? The Motu64?
>
> Thanks,
> Henrik

RME MADIface USB gives you 128 channels of MADI I/O via USB. Its a tiny
bit bigger than a pack cards and worked perfectly for me recording from
a Digico SD10. Also works nicely interfacing an external system for
effects or measurement. It actually has noticeably less latency than
Digico's own UB MADI.

https://www.rme-audio.de/madiface-usb.html

Cheers

Roger