[Ardour-Users] ardour 5.12 crashes, probably MIDI related?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Thu Mar 14 15:50:09 PDT 2019

On 3/14/19 11:03 PM, m.eik michalke wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2019, 15:45:56 CET schrieb Robin Gareus:
>
> very interesting! i renamed the symlinks one after another to check if one was
> the culprit, and turns out in my case it was the giant soundfont v6.0 (bank
> 2):
>  https://giantsoundfont.hpage.com/downloads.html

So much for random files downloaded from the Internet :))

> i wonder if it might help to open the sf2 file in polyphone and
> export a smaller version of it including only the instruments that
> you actually want to use.
I'm also curious if polyphone opens it without warnings of errors.

>> In any case this issue was likely already fixed in recent fluidsynth-2.0.
>
> unfortunately, it wasn't. i just compiled the latest 2.0.4 release and
> replaced the KXStudio packages with it, ardour still crashes.

Did you try fluidsynth or qsynth after the update?

If you were using a-fluidsynth, that does not use system-wide
libfluidsynth. The plugin is completely self-contained.

You could grab a https://nightly.ardour.org/ (demo is fine) and copy
/opt/Ardour-6.0.pre*/lib/LV2/a-fluidsynth.lv2 to ~/.lv2/

(or compile ardour-git from source and use build/libs/LV2/a-fluidsynth.lv2)

so long,
robin