[Ardour-Users] Crash with Calf plugins after OS upgrade

Seablade - seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 07:05:58 PST 2019

Calf is known to cause multiple issues for users of Ardour, it seems more
likely that you had a specific set of circumstances that allowed them to
work by accident, rather than them working intentionally before.  I would
strongly recommend using something else.  The a-* plugins that come with
Ardour are a great start for example, there are other options out there as
well, fo rinstance the LSP plugins, Robin's x42-eq, etc..  As someone that
teaches audio mixing at a local uni, I would also recommend learning to EQ
by ear, not by reading numbers, it will help you improve tremendously.

          Seablade