[Ardour-Users] set marker at playhead

Ichthyostega prg at ichthyostega.de
Sat Jan 26 14:41:47 PST 2019

Hello all,

I am a long time Ardour user, and now I'm facing a problem with 5.12,
which I built myself for Debian/stable half a year ago. However I used
that new version just occasionally, so that I didn't notice the problem
right away.

The problem is related to markers.
For one, I can not set a (location) marker at the current playhead position.
I always had a keybinding for numpad-ENTER for this function, IIRC this
was the default in Ardour 0.99, and it makes sense since np-ENTER is easy
to grab, even if you're not sitting in front of the computer.

A related problem is that I also can no longer jump to the next or previous
marker. I used to have a keybinding for that on numpad-4 and numpad-6

In fact I wouldn't mind learning other keybindings or even use another
equivalent feature, but a one-shot keybinding for this basic stuff
is essential to get any work done effectively and precisely.

However, I wasn't able to get these features to work.
I found some entries in the second tab of the keybindings window
(labeled "general"). But, rather confusing, there are several entries.
I tried to set simple keybindings like "q" or "w", but nothing worked.

Any idea what might be the problem or at least how to investigate
further? In my ~/.config/ardour5 directory there is a file
ardour-1:5.12.0.keys, which seems correctly to reflect the
changes I made via the keybindings UI. I have also tried to
reset all keybindings to default and start over again.

Thanks for any hints,
Hermann