[Ardour-Users] export format profile

I. Ivanov iv35pl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:13:28 PST 2019

Hi Guys,

I read

http://manual.ardour.org/exporting/edit-export-format-profile/

but I am struggling to understand the "*Dithering*" setting. Can you
advice please what is the difference between the 4 options "Shaped
Noise", "Triangular", "Rectangular" and "None"?

I recorded a choir concert using Zoom H6 in the default XY microphone in
24-bit 96 kHz and I would like to use it in Kdenlive. I exported to the
same quality and bit rate in FLAC. But I am noticing the maximum on
export from Kdenlive is 16-bit 48 kHz. I think leaving Ardour to down
sample would be much better than leaving Kdenlive to do so.

Thank you in advance,