[Ardour-Users] blips

karl at aspodata.se karl at aspodata.se
Sat Dec 28 00:55:42 PST 2019

Paul Davis:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 2:02 PM <karl at aspodata.se> wrote:
> > I have got that working, but there are periodic blips, about a second
> > apart, when listening to the recording in the editor window. I don't
> > know how to get rid of thoose blips.
> https://manual.ardour.org/setting-up-your-system/the-right-computer-system-for-digital-audio/
>
> First step that comes to mind would be to disable wifi.

I only encounter the problem in ardour5's edit window playback.
Since 6.0xx seem to work, I'll use that, see below.

///

No usb, no wifi, just an old style desktop computer with MAudio
1010LT; running fvwm2.

Compiling ardour and dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/null bs=1M,
3 cores at 100%, and mplaying the downloaded video mentionend in the
link above, gives me no problem except vt-switching gives clicks,
moving other windows stops video playback.

mplayer interchange/20180325/audiofiles/Audio-2%R.wav seems to ignore
window movements, also run alongside glxgears shows no problem, moving
a xterm above the glxgears windows, no prob.

Compiled 6.0-pre0, created a new session and imported the files,
works fine. Same procedure with 5.12.0, 5.8.0 and 5.0.0, but they
all gives me the blips. Version 4.3 and 4.7 gives me build failures.

> You may also reach more people these days using discourse.ardour.org ...

I see.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar