[Ardour-Users] OT: Audio wiring diagrams

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Apr 17 09:02:42 PDT 2019

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 09:31:28 -0500, Brett Clark wrote:
>On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:28 AM Matt Keys <matt at mattkeys.net> wrote:
>
>> What software do you use (if any) to map out your audio gear
>> connections in a diagram? LibreOffice Draw? I'm just looking for
>> recommendations/tips.
>>
>A whiteboard...   Probably not the answer you're looking for...

I've got a few point of criticism related to Ardour, but actually the
digital connections done by Ardour don't require any diagram, they
don't deserve negative critic from my point of view. However, for
anything that is beyond of what Ardour could do automatically, I would
use aj-snapshot. If I need a diagram, for what reason ever, I'm using a
pencil and paper. The mixing console I'm using is small, if I would use
a huge mixing console and/or a large patch bay, I would use tape and a
pencil able to label the tape, instead of taking care about notes. Notes
could be done on paper or any text or graphics related software, if
they should be needed to restore a complex hardware session years later.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-cornflower,-pussytoes,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.0.7.arch1-1