[Ardour-Users] MIDI with Ardour, advice please

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Oct 1 15:40:28 PDT 2018

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018 22:08:44 +0100
"Andrew Fudge" <andrew at fudge-it.uk> wrote:

> In summary, I'm looking for advice on how to create MIDI music from a
> set of samples, ideally using Ardour.  I will record the samples
> (African balaphon).  Then I need to load them into something.  Then
> connect it to Ardour and compose in MIDI.

Linux Sampler is a free sampler.  I'm not using it though.  I use two
Linux commercial products to load samples, transform them and such,
Redux and Bliss.  I think they have demos, so if you're interested you
can give them a try.

https://www.renoise.com/products/redux

https://www.discodsp.com/bliss/

Cheers.