[Ardour-Users] karaoke and voice removal

I. Ivanov iv35pl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 14:26:43 PST 2018

Hi All,

Can you please let me know if it is possible to remove the voice from
recording?

This song is original (with the voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vwu-t7QRaE

This is instrumental version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlwmWuBFlN8

I am rather new to audio editing and I just want to learn if there is
some tool that can remove the voice that I am not aware about (I did try
the "karaoke" plugin in Ardour) or it is not possible - the song must be
produced without voice (instrumental version only). That would mean the
second (instrumental) version was likely not the "original" but rather
re done by somebody else.

I would appreciate your advice...

Regards,