[Ardour-Users] Current best method for multi-band compression within Ardour?

anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 02:40:30 PST 2018

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 07:25:30PM -0800, jys wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018, at 08:57, Brent Busby wrote:
> >
> > Being that this thread has been mostly talking about Calf's multiband
> > compressor, would there be any similar concensus about the quality of
> > their other plugins?
>
> Funny, that was more or less going to be my next question.

I haven't use Calf plugins much, but what I keep reading on the Ardour
web forum is that:
- plugins are frequently the cause of Ardour crashes
- Calf plugins seem to do that more than others

Some installations don't seem to have this problem, so if your Ardour +
Calf projects are stable, there's no reason to change anything.

Calf's audio performance and user interface seem to be mostly OK (excluding
the questions raised in the thread)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk