[Ardour-Users] GUI toolkit support

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Nov 16 11:22:22 PST 2018

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018 14:00:51 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> this might or might not be possible, but it doesn't solve the
> problem(s).
>
> whether gtk+2 and/or gtk+3 come with the plugin or not, you can't
> have them both in the same process address space (think "program
> instance").

Earlier this year I started to use Windows plugins via linvst.  At the
moment each plugin is a distinct linvst process, which prevents them
from communicating between each other (very minor drawback).  Using
those plugins a lot I then forgot that regular Linux plugins are all
loaded in the same process space under the DAW.  Well, in the case of
Ardour/Mixbus since this can be different with Bitwig.

Cheers.