[Ardour-Users] A5 in 1024x728 ?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Nov 12 08:47:07 PST 2018

On 11/12/2018 03:13 PM, Damien Delpiroux wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to configure A5 for a 1024x728 screen (on GNU system).

728px height, what screen is that? did you mean 768?

> I've reduce the police scale but that don't help so much.
> It's very uncomfortable because the window don't fill in the screen!
> Maybe there is some trick for this case?

What desktop font are you using?

Ardour use the desktop as base for the GUI. Using a Sans 11pt default
Desktop font it should be possible to get Ardour's GUI on a 1024 x 768
screen with 100% font-scaling. Worst case 90%.

The main issue on modern desktops is a huge window border and decoration
and task-bar that reduce vertical available space. Width is usually less
of an issue.

quick test: http://robin.linuxaudio.org/tmp/ardour_x768.png

What is the smallest height on your system? What tab does set the
minimum height? perhaps try to detach the preferences tab and mixer tab
(using Ardour's Window menu).

HTH,
robin