[Ardour-Users] ARDOUR_DLL_PATH not set in environment - exiting

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri May 4 19:42:14 PDT 2018

On Fri, 4 May 2018 21:47:00 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Most likely it means you're trying to run the wrong file. There's an
> executable file, and a wrapper shell script. You should only ever run
> the wrapper shell script.

There's only one file that is in the path which answers to 'mix..' or
'Mix...' tab expansion :

% which Mixbus32C4
/usr/local/bin/Mixbus32C4

Mixbus32C is always ran from the KDE menu.  But then at one point it
will not run anymore, have to reboot.  Just before I run it from the
console to see what could happens and this is how the missing
ARDOUR_DLL_PATH was reported.  What I would like to know is, what type
of (system) events can lead to unsetting that variable and, where is
it set anyways ?  Since:

% cat /usr/local/bin/Mixbus32C4 | grep DLL
(nothing)

Thanks.