[Ardour-Users] acoustic guitar tone

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Mar 5 08:37:25 PST 2018

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018 16:13:05 +0000
Matt Keys <matt at mattkeys.net> wrote:

>  So you want to sound like Antoine DuFour?  :-)

It's Dufour.  We do not capitalize nouns in single family names. :)

>  If he is using it there's going to be phase issues because that
> signal is going to arrive at the interface before the miked signals
> and you'll need to move the regions around.

There'll be problems if they are not at the same distance from the
object of the recording.  Some mechanical work in placing the mics at
the right distance will help a lot in solve phase problems, before
moving stuff in the DAW.  Also there's a phase-optimizing option in
Ardour that could be useful depending on the tracks you end up having.

You might all have seen this before, but here goes, Antoine describing
his studio setup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-frkCR03I