[Ardour-Users] automatable tape-recorder like playback speed?

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Thu Jun 7 12:22:10 PDT 2018

Dear all,

This mailing list has shown me the stretch tool that allows to play back
noises slower - which allowed me to create a nightmarish demonstration
of pitch changes birds are able to
(https://www.peterpall.de/OutsideSounds/?name=2018-04-28_amsel_400.ogg).

Is there a similar tool that works more like a tape-recorder in that it
reduces the frequency by one octave when playing back with half the
speed? Doing the two things one at a time feels like introducing two
time the type of losses every signal processing activity comes with.

---

I think what I want isn't conceptually doable in ardour. But - I have
gotten a small midi keyboard for a few € and it has a slider.

If there were such a tool... ...would it be possible to automate the
slowdown process so I can change the speed over the time using the slider?

Probably not. But - today I have recorded many birds singing at the same
time in the morning and - I bet this could create interesting effects.

Thanks a lot in advance,
and kind regards,

   Gunter.