[Ardour-Users] Skipped notes with Cabbage Audio plugin

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Jun 3 11:04:10 PDT 2018

On 06/03/2018 07:54 PM, Mark Raynsford wrote:
> The issue seems to go away if I set the automation tracks back to
> "manual". That would seem to fit with what we're talking about.

Thanks for checking and reporting back.

> I've just edited the plugin to use Midi CCs instead, and this works
> correctly (no lost notes). Only downside to this is that the knobs on
> the synth don't move onscreen in response to CC changes. Don't really
> care about that though

That is expected.

A single control can only have one controller, or phrased differently: A
plugin cannot modify its own controls.

e.g. If some parameter can be directly set by MIDI-CC it must not be
exposed as normal control parameter or you risk conflicting values.

You can use an output-parameter (display only) to show plugin-internal
state that can be controlled via MIDI-CC.

Cheers!
robin