[Ardour-Users] Skipped notes with Cabbage Audio plugin

Mark Raynsford list+org.ardour.users at io7m.com
Sun Jun 3 09:49:02 PDT 2018

On 2018-06-03T18:17:42 +0200
Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> When you automate a control parameter, Ardour splits the cycle:
> process N samples, change parameter, process remaining samples.
>
> Some plugins do not cope with this and always expect a complete cycle.

Right.

> [...]
> > !!!! MIDI event @ 683 skipped, not within range 0 .. 683:
> > !!!! MIDI event @ 256 skipped, not within range 0 .. 256:
> [...]
>
> Those should only happen when looping, except there were a few bugs
> related to offsetting midi-events when splitting a plugin's cycle.
>
> In some case the events are timestamped relative to cycle-start in some
> cases they can be timestamped relative to the split cycle. This has
> already been fixed in Ardour-git, but MIDI  is work in progress.
>
> In any case this message is for write-back (midi to port) plugins on the
> track should not be affected.
>
> > The reason I don't remove the plugin is that I'm
> > suspicious that the missed notes occur when they're played in
> > combination with parameter automation
>
> I can confirm this suspicion to be correct.
>
> Still unless you're using seemless loop (which splits the complete
> cycle). The effect should only be present for the automated plugin.

No looping in my case, seamless or otherwise (the seamless option is
turned off). I can stop, rewind, play, lose notes, stop, rewind, play,
lose the same notes again.

Is there any thing I can do about this? I mean, "don't use Cabbage
Audio" is obviously an answer, but not a very good one. :)

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com