[Ardour-Users] Ardour Development Update

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Jun 1 14:34:34 PDT 2018

We are not going to get in an "arms race" with Live, Bitwig or FL Studio.
Those tools are far, far ahead of Ardour in the domain of groove-centric
in-the-box composition.

However, it doesn't hurt to have a little beatbox window that lets you set
up some basic pattern(s) to work around on your out-of-the-box instruments.

Maybe that side of things will slowly grow, maybe it won't. There's
something about being able to sketch out a track by having the rhythmic
basics laid down quickly that I think really helps with creativity.