[Ardour-Users] Ardour using a bluetooth headset

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Jan 17 10:44:25 PST 2018

On Wed, January 17, 2018 12:15 pm, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
> But... ...did I understand this right? Jack might be possibly able to work
> with my a2dp headset?

Possibly.  I have only used pulse in the other direction, jackd
controlling the audio hardware and software which is not jack-aware
connected through pulse, so I could for example use Ardour connected to
jackd, and also watch youtube instructional videos in Firefox at the same
time (useful for example to watch an instructional video for a plugin
while you try what is shown in the video at the same time).

It seems that the complement pulse plugin should work just as well.  You
could start jackd with the dummy backend and load the module-jack-source
pulse module.

That said, I am trying that now and it does not seem to be as easy as I
expected to get the connections working. I can load module-jack-source,
connect the output of ardour tracks to those ports, and I see the
indication in pavucontrol that there is audio coming in, but it is just
available as an input device, I can't figure out how to route that stream
to the hardware device output in pulse.  The stream shows up in the same
tab in pavucontrol as the analog inputs of my audio interface, so I could
for example record with Audacity, but I can't see how to just loop it back
to the output.

I do not have time to investigate more right now, but perhaps that gives
you enough to get started.

--
Chris Caudle