[Ardour-Users] Ardour using a bluetooth headset

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Jan 16 14:13:21 PST 2018

On 01/16/2018 08:22 PM, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> If enabling ardour to use bluetooth through alsa isn't much work I would
> like to add this as a low-priority item to the TODO list.

Interesting. I thought that is no longer possible (ALSA bluetooth
support was removed from the kernel). Do you use a loopback device?

> Use Case:
>
> Currently I'm sitting in a train, the only headset I have with me is a
> bluetooth one.
>
>    mplayer -ao alsa test.mp4
>
> seems to play fine.

Did you configure an alsa-plug (software abstraction) for this? alsa
defaulting to bluetooth is odd.

Does the bluetooth device show up as hardware when you run

  aplay -l

While playing with mplayer, can you run

cd /tmp && wget http://jackaudio.org/downloads/adevices.sh && bash
./adevices.sh

That'll list all soundcards and their current settings and may provide a
clue.

ciao,
robin