[Ardour-Users] Ardour using a bluetooth headset

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Tue Jan 16 11:22:25 PST 2018

Dear all,

If enabling ardour to use bluetooth through alsa isn't much work I would
like to add this as a low-priority item to the TODO list.

Use Case:

Currently I'm sitting in a train, the only headset I have with me is a
bluetooth one.

   mplayer -ao alsa test.mp4

seems to play fine.

I am aware that this headset doesn't qualify itself as "low latency". In
fact this specific one has a quite noticable delay (that somehow mplayer
knows about). But since I only want to cut a few recordings (and I can
view the waveform for determining the exact place to cut at) and want to
listen if they contain the sounds I'd still be happy with bluetooth audio.

Kind regards,

 Gunter.