[Ardour-Users] Faderport: more options ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jan 9 19:13:37 PST 2018

We're not likely to do any work on such features in the foreseeable future.

The code is all there, if somebody else wants to play with it to do this.

I implemented the faderport support with the intention to honor Presonus'
design of the device. You can make an argument that every button should
just be "a button", and every other control device on it should be "a
device", and the user should just be able to map them all, and do whatever
they want.

That's what open source is for.

Maybe at some point in the Ardour 6.x=7.x development cycle, there will be
some redesign of the control surface support code that makes such changes
possible without "writing code". But for now, control surface support is
implemented in C++ ... and can only be changed at that level (barring the
ability with Mackie Control to define button functionality ... which was
provided because (1) no mackie device has all these buttons (2) the
protocol doesn't fully specify the meaning of all the buttons)