[Ardour-Users] Recording to Midi accompaniment

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 04:03:57 PST 2018

On 14/02/2018 18:34, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
> My handheld audio recorder contains a "pre-record" feature that records
> everything into a ringbuffer and discards all data that is more than 15
> seconds old. When I press the "record" button the audio file my handheld
> recorder produces starts 15 seconds before I pressed the button.
You can also achieve that with JACK Timemachine [1]. Of course you would
have to then re-align the recording manually to the midi once it's done...

Actually timemachine supports (I think) up to 8 channels so because it
is a JACK application you could have it also record a copy of the midi
or a click track in order to then aligned easily with your midi...

Lorenzo.

[1] http://plugin.org.uk/timemachine/