[Ardour-Users] Recording to Midi accompaniment

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Wed Feb 14 12:12:10 PST 2018

"Chris Caudle" <chris at chriscaudle.org> writes:

> Or just get your studio assistant to direct you in.  You do have a
> studio assistant, don't you?  It's all the rage these days.  Everyone
> who's anyone just must get a studio assistant.

I'm not anyone and I'm doing a talk/demo for people who aren't anyone
either.  This is a talk for GNU/Linux users, people who are comfortable
wasting their own time in getting a piece of hardly documented Free
Software do what they aim for (see the "Record w/Preroll" or "Record
w/Count-In" menu entries in Ardour's docs
<http://manual.ardour.org/ardours-interface/main-menu/Transport-menu/>?).
It's quite common (Gimp was like that for a long time: "just do what
you'd do with Photoshop" -- "I never used Photoshop" -- "Oh").

A studio assistent tends to be more expensive than even the most
sophisticated proprietary DAW software license.

So I'm trying to figure out the best option for my talk that will look
Ardour look good.  Part of the incentive to go to such talks, after all,
is the hope to be saving time by doing things "as intended", go with the
flow.

So I try figuring out the flow in this case.

--
David Kastrup