[Ardour-Users] Recording to Midi accompaniment

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Wed Feb 14 11:49:05 PST 2018

On Wed, February 14, 2018 1:11 pm, Brett McCoy wrote:
> Record the metronome click onto a single audio track for just the opening
> bar.

That is  one way.  You could also record yourself counting in on a
separate track (or banging a spoon on a pan, whatever helps you find the
beat).  Or even the old fashioned approach, put the accompaniment on one
side and the click on the other, and just pull out one earphone when you
get tired of the click.  I see people do that on stage all the time,
although I assume it is probably because either they want to hear the
crowd, or they don't like the drum mix and want to just hear what is
coming right off the drum kit.

You can even skip the click altogether if you want and just stretch out
the clock display really big if you can see the monitor from where you are
singing.
Or just get your studio assistant to direct you in.  You do have a studio
assistant, don't you?  It's all the rage these days.  Everyone who's
anyone just must get a studio assistant.

--
Chris