[Ardour-Users] External sync from another DAW: Ardour song pointer should follow ?

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Aug 31 18:34:18 PDT 2018

On Fri, 31 Aug 2018 21:11:02 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> You can test this with qjackctl and jack_transport. qjackctl will
> show its version of the position. jack_transport can be used to
> locate a specific sample, and then you can compare. you can also see
> in qjackctl if bitwig ever tells jack transport to go back to zero.

qjackctl will start at the bar position given by Bitwig.
If Bitwig starts at bar 50 then qjackctl will start at bar 50.  If
Bitwig loops between bar 25 and 35, qjackctl will do the same.

However, the time value in qjackctl will always increment whereas when
Bitwig loops, it will reset at the time value for bar 25.

At least this shows that the bar information is received correctly.

Then, I launch Mixbus.  With Mixbus running, qjackctl seems to be
confused and not knwoing from which software it should get the bar
information as MB starts from 0 and Bitwig from at 25.  MB does not get
the bar information like qjackctl did eg. it will not jump at 25.  It
will start rolling at 0 when Bitwig starts.

Moreover, after closing Mixbus, qjackctl is not able to behave as
before showing the bar information from Bitwig.  It will only show a
series of dashes instead while rolling along with Bitwig.  Restarting
qjackctl did not make it behave like described above.