[Ardour-Users] External sync from another DAW: Ardour song pointer should follow ?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Aug 31 15:31:36 PDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 6:19 PM, jonetsu <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Then Bitwig and Ardour are started.  In Ardour (Mixbus32C v5) I click
> on the Int./Jack button and it lights up green and shows
> "Jack".

JACK transport sync has nothing whatsoever to do with MIDI.

So you'll need to find out what Bitwig is doing (e.g. does it use JACK
transport by default? Does it think that it is always the time master?)

Then you need to check whether you have Mixbus set to be the JACK time
master also.

Finally, I'd suggest just recording in Mixbus and then exporting to Bitwig,
but that's your choice.