[Ardour-Users] USB C Guitar Interface Recommendations?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Aug 22 15:11:28 PDT 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 17:22:55 -0400, Seablade - wrote:
>That being said one thing to keep in mind is that while Linux apps are
>running on the Pixelbook in Chrome OS via crostini, sound support does
>not exist for them as of yet so you wouldn't be able to do much with
>audio software as of right now.

Regarding the Wiki, it's possible to install Linux.

I can't comment on the Pixelbook's USB. When buying an USB audio
interface for an iPad, I experienced that it has got an USB current
limitation, so some audio devices only work with an USB hub. First I
tested an Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL, apart from other issues an USB hub
was needed. The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Gen works without issues,
no USB hub is needed. It has got two Hi-Z inputs. I don't know if the
Hi-Z inputs are good, since I use a V-Amp or GR-55 for modeling, so I
use line inputs only.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-pussytoes,-cornflower,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
4.18.3.arch1-1