[Ardour-Users] #ardour IRC channel temporarily unavaiable via web-based access

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Aug 2 07:20:17 PDT 2018

There is currently a massive, widespread and long-lived spam attack taking
place against Freenode, who run the IRC channels we use to discuss Ardour,
provide support and chat among developers and users.

After several days, Freenode has been unable to stop the flow of spam,
which comes every few minutes and is at risk of destroying the #ardour
channel's usability.

Until they have found some way to stop the problem, the #ardour channel is
being set to require an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connection, which will
prevent any access via the web-based interface that this page and Ardour
itself links to. You can still access #ardour as usual with an actual IRC
client.

We hope this won't last very long, but it's not viable to have this much
spam in the channel. I apologize to anyone who uses the web-based access
method.