[Ardour-Users] settings for video transcoding, or resolution limits in xjadeo?

anders.vinjar at bek.no anders.vinjar at bek.no
Mon Apr 23 03:33:19 PDT 2018

Hi Chris, thanks for responding.

    C> Assuming that just using VLC or some similar playback only
    C> application does not suit your needs,

Perhaps there are settings for these i've missed, but vlc (or mplayer or
ffplay) don't seem to render an alpha channel in these videos, xjadeo
does.

    C> you can use xjadeo and Ardour together without following the
    C> manual steps for importing video into the Ardour timeline.

Yes, that indeed solves the quality issue.

For this job i need several videos spread out later in a timeline, and
would prefer to have them placed along the music in the ardour timeline.
I can get quite far setting up a sequence script using jack_transport
and xjremote, but it's not a very good solution.

I'd prefer to go the other way around: send control messages to xjremote
from ardour at certain places in the timeline.  Any suggestions where to
look to have ardour send arbitrary commands to external apps at specific
instants in the timeline?

Back to xjadeo: is there a way to get rid of the white 'X' xjadeo draws
as empty background outside of video frames?

Plan B: any suggestions for a good video-format to choose which supports
alpha channels and multi-channel audio?  I'd also need another
videoplayer supporting alpha, multichannel sound and jack audio out, any
suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks for any further guidance here.

-anders