[Ardour-Users] "Extract LTC from audio and align video" menu option missing from "Transcode/Import Video file" popup

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sat Apr 21 12:52:22 PDT 2018

On 04/20/2018 06:49 PM, robertlazarski wrote:

> The phone problem with Ardour was indeed because it was a variable rate
> issue. I was able to fix it with this command. And then Ardour was fine
> with it.

There should be no need for this.
When you import a video in Ardour, it is transcoded to a proxy video:

  - mjpeg codec
  - fixed fps
  - intra frames only, no grouped frames

trading off file-size (and quality) to be able to reliably seek to any
video-frame with little CPU overhead (also audio is stripped off the
proxy video).

Did you select "Reference from current location" without transcoding the
video? and if so, why?

ciao,
robin