[Ardour-Users] "Extract LTC from audio and align video" menu option missing from "Transcode/Import Video file" popup

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Apr 5 09:41:19 PDT 2018

On Thu, April 5, 2018 8:32 am, robertlazarski . wrote:
> On the files I just created today I see:
>
> [linux-7cab(iksrazal)]
>  /home/iksrazal> sndfile-info output_audio.wav  | grep -i db
> Signal Max  : 32768 (0.00 dB)

It is probably clipping.  I listened to the video file you created, and it
sounds like both the time code and the scratch audio file are clipping.

> I posted my files to see if that helps understand my sync problem. At this
> point my theory is the amount of sync delay I see, is pretty much exactly
> the delay between pressing start on the F8 and then a few seconds later
> pressing start on the phone video. I am seeing around a 6 second delay in
> this example.

Yes, around 6 seconds.  Have you tried starting the video first?
I don't have a machine with ardour  on it at the moment, I'll have to try
lining them up later tonight so see if it looks like they are really off
by 6 seconds.

I suspect that the "discontinuity" messages  you see will go away when you
stop clipping the audio track on the video so hard.

> Also, I could be doing something wrong in Ardour. All I am doing is
> Session --> import (F8 wav) . then Session --> open video.

You are selecting "file timestamp" in the "insert at" drop down selection
box of the session/import dialog, right?  Not insert at session beginning?
The Ardour manual does not show the wording for the equivalent option in
the open video dialog, I will have to check when I can get to my machine
with Ardour installed, but you will want to make sure the equivalent is
selected for the video import as well.

--
Chris Caudle