[Ardour-Users] Presonus StudioLive Ar16

Brett Clark bclark4444 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 12:47:20 PDT 2017

> Why aren't you using the mixer's sub or aux groups, IOW why don't you
> record the signal provided by the mixer?

I need to track all 8 tracks individually.  There are only inserts on the
first 2 channels which i could use as a 'send' to utilize the mixers pre's,
but the rest of the channels dont have that.  Not to mention that i think
the Mackie's pre's are noisier than the vsl1818.

How would you link them together? Better get an ADAT device for
> additional 8 channels, two optical cables, a 75 Ω BNC cable, a 75 Ω BNC
> angle T connection and a 75 Ω terminator plug.

The Presonus vsl1818 has an ADAT so that 2 can be daisy chained together.

Thanks
--Brett