[Ardour-Users] Presonus StudioLive Ar16

Brett Clark bclark4444 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:34:31 PDT 2017

Thanks for all the information from everyone who responded.  And...   As a
"Thank You" to Guitar Centers 45 day return policy (and price matching
policy)  i decided to give the Presonus StudioLive AR16 a try.  I am very
happy to announce that the AR16 worked right out of the box on Fedora 26!
As soon as i plugged it in it recognized all 18 in's ( 16 inputs + 2 mix
bus ) and 4 outs ( 2 on "super channel" and 2 on channel 15/16 ).  I did a
couple test runs at 24/96k for all 16 inputs on Ardour 5.12 and it seems to
work really well.

  Since i scoured the internet and found almost nothing about using the
StudioLive AR series on Linux i figured i should give this shout-out and
let people know that its an option that works.  There was a site that
mentioned they could only get it to record up to 48k, which is incorrect.
 Ill try and locate that site again and contact them to update their
information.

 Its nice to be back to zero latency monitoring like my old Delta 1010, but
with more knobs, buttons, and blinky lights.   :)

Thanks
--Brett

--
--------
God first, family second, and everything else will just fall into place