[Ardour-Users] Newbie Question: Using 2. Soundcard for monitoring

HR h.rueter at gmx.net
Sun Mar 12 03:28:07 PDT 2017

Hi again listmembers, hi Robin :o)

Thanks for the answer alsa_out / alsa_in is a solution i really should
think about.

I thought there is  - please tell me if this idea is wrong - something like
pulseaudio_in / pulseaudio_out

If every in/out pulseaudio is controlling would/could be routed over
jackd it would be a
generalistic solution.'

I know, jackd is mainly thought for audio processing (-> ardour)
and that's the reason why i am her ..

PA is more like a mainstream audiosystem and its purpose is
giving control over audiostreams coming from applications (mediaplayers,
firefox ...)

So, as i'm focused on recording and pulseaudio is "also installed, doing
its task well"
i'd like to connect them if it seems to be necessary (here : monitoring
over
speakers of internal SB)

So i try to ask my first question in another way :

What the hell is the purpose of  "PulseAudio JACK Source" and
"PulseAudio JACK Sink" ?

Best regards and a sunny weekend

Harry