[Ardour-Users] Korg nanoKONTROL2

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Jan 30 01:43:28 PST 2017

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> writes:

> On Mon, 30 Jan 2017 00:41:07 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>When one uses the KORG KONTROL editor under Wine
>
> Hi,
>
> I can't help with Ardour, since I'm using the nanoKONTROL as CC
> controller for synth, not to control Ardour or any other DAW.
>
> I'm using Nano-Basket
> https://freesoftwaremusic.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/nano-basket/
> since I never got an editor working under wine. Unfortunately it can't
> save settings to disc. Note, I own a 1st generation nanoKONTROL with 9
> faders (IOW neither the nanoKONTROL 2 with 8 faders, nor the
> nanoKONTROL Studio with jogwheel), but perhaps the windows software
> works for all nanoKONTROLs.
>
> However, I tried this years ago. What version of the nanoKONTROL editor
> are you using under wine nowadays?

Just the stock "Korg KONTROL editor" downloaded from Korg's website.
Installation of its msi files required installing the msitools package,
but then "msiexec whateveritwascalled.msi" installed the editor just
fine (it was in my Desktop menus under "Other" then) and it offered me
all ALSA midi connections for use.  Sort-of scary.

No idea what format it saves settings in.  Probably not just the raw
SysEX (that would be too easy).

--
David Kastrup