[Ardour-Users] New tube amps

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Dec 25 14:23:50 PST 2017

On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 21:34:58 +0000, Gordonjcp wrote:
>On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 11:31:39AM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>
>> I mean, "staggering number of analog components that effectively
>> reproduce the dynamic character of a traditional tube amp"?  The
>> dynamic character of a traditional tube amp comes about by a
>> staggeringly _small_ number of components.  A typical full-scale
>> tube amp has fewer
>
>... which you can accurately mimic with about a dozen assorted
>resistors and diodes, and an opamp, to the point that no-one can tell
>the difference.

It still requires a master luthier to design a machine made violin.
Some tube amps are well-liked by many guitarists, some analog synth are
well-liked by many keyboard players. If it's your mastery to mimic this
gear without using tubes or by simply providing software emulations,
feel free to provide circuit diagrams and printed circuit board layouts
or to provide source code and/or binaries.

--
$ pacman -Q linux{,-rt{,-cornflower,-pussytoes}}|awk '{print $2}'
4.14.8-1