[Ardour-Users] analog summing

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 17 08:09:34 PST 2017

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 16:46:46 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 10:24:40 -0500, Ricardus Vincente wrote:
>>If you want that harmonic distortion that humans psycho-acoustically
>>refer to as warmth, sum through a really cool vintage console like a
>>Neve.
>
>That's why I mentioned on Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:06:12 +0100:
>>Or replacing a cheap microchip based mixing console by a more
                       ^^^^^^^^^
English isn't my native language and the term "microship" might be
misleading, perhaps it should read "integrated circuit".

Note, usage of integrated circuits for analog audio gear not
necessarily is bad.

For example keep in mind vintage analog synth, e.g. Oberheim, Roland
and other using CEM/Curtis chips.