[Ardour-Users] New tube amps

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Dec 24 08:15:21 PST 2017

On 12/24/2017 10:05 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> PS: I wasn't aware that several vendors provide miniature tube amps
> nowadays, such as e.g. Orange Micro Dark. I don't expect them to
> replace an old AC30, an old Marshall stack or simillar, but they might
> be a better compromise compared to the transistor gear I'm using at
> home.
I now use a Mesa Boogie Mini Rect 25 all-tube head (no reverb) with a
MojoTone 1x12 cabinet.  It sounds almost as good as my old Mesa Boogie
Maverick Dual Rectifier 2x12 combo, but the head only weighs 12 pounds
and the cabinet weighs 21.  The Maverick combo was about 80 pounds.
Funny thing, one of my favorite amps was a 1981 Music Man RP100 1x12
combo.  Leo Fender designed it.  It had an all tube power amp section
but a solid state preamp section.  It weighed about 50 pounds so I let
it go as well.  This getting old is getting old ;-)

Cheers,
Jan