[Ardour-Users] Analog synths (was: Ardour-Users Digest, Vol 167, Issue 13)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 23 03:59:58 PST 2017

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 00:45:21 +0000, Gordonjcp wrote:
[snip]

You are simply an idiot missing the whole point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMiaUxMS2EQ

A friend of mine is a musician of that class, unfortunately I'm not
that good. He's playing piano as well as drums. If you should be unable
to notice the difference between a good drummer playing virtual drums
and a real drum set e.g. from the 70s, you are simply missing musically
skills. This applies to the sound provided by analog synth compared to
digitally emulated analog synth as well. The more analog an instrument
is, the easier it's for the musician to interact with the instrument,
to become one with the instrument.

I'm not posting the link regarding the composition, just as an example
how to interact with non-perfect instruments, that suffer from air
moisture and room temperature.