[Ardour-Users] Split stereo to mono tracks

Alf Haakon Pietruszka Lund alf at mellomrommet.no
Tue Dec 19 23:09:04 PST 2017

On 20. des. 2017 07:57, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
>> Which version of Ardour? In the import dialog on my setup (5.8), if
>> I choose 'add file as new track' I can also choose 'one track per
>> channel' - after which deleting the silent one shouldn't get you in
>> any trouble.
>
> That works. Thanks a lot!

Glad it does ;-)

> But as my recorder seems to record only stereo files - and I
> frequently attach a mono microphone to it... ...do I really have to
> delete the stereo track and to import it anew as two mono tracks in
> order to throw away the track that contains only noise?

That sounds like a very limited recorder - is there really no way to
make mono recordings?

I remember using equipment with two inputs where one says L/mono. If
there is only a stereo input available it should be a softwhere setting
someware (sic!) to have mono. What kind of recorder is it?

Alf