[Ardour-Users] Split stereo to mono tracks

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sun Dec 17 00:42:23 PST 2017

Dear all,

A simple beginner's question. But I seem not to be able to find a
solution to it:

If I have imported an stereo .wav file into my session and now see that
only one track was connected to a microphone and the other is silent...
...is there an easy way to convert the stereo track to two mono tracks -
and to discard one of them?

...and if my master bus has the wrong number of channels - how do I
correct that? In the internet I've read "Just delete it and create a new
one". But I never found a way to make this work.

Thanks a lot,
and kind regards,

   Gunter.