[Ardour-Users] Experience Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Aug 20 13:45:02 PDT 2017

Tim <lists at kiuni.de> writes:

> A possible alternative I can organize is a RME Digiface with two
> ADA8000. But for laptop use I would have to purchase a cardbus to
> express card 34 adapter (performance?).

Which direction?  There are Express cards with an external Cardbus: that
likely works more or less.  But the Cardbus cards with external
Expresscard are pretty much exclusively for Expresscards utilizing an
USB connection rather than a PCI express lane.  And a HDSPe card would
most certainly not use USB.

--
David Kastrup