[Ardour-Users] Experience Focusrite Scarlett 18i20

Mirko Horstmann bb at mirkokosmos.net
Sun Aug 20 13:19:03 PDT 2017

On 20.08.2017 22:01, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 20:57:33 +0200, Tim wrote:
>> And what about Focusrite's MixControl? Is there any appropriate
>> control tool under Linux to set routings?
>
> There is no control at all under Linux, neither under iOS, for zero
> latency monitoring you need a mixing console.

You _can_ use Alsamixer to do all the routing and mixing. I suggest
using QasMixer, which is a bit less painful. Whether any of those are
appropriate is another question. I use my 18i8 only as an audio
interface and QasMixer allowed me to get rid of all the default
routings. If you change the routing often, those interfaces are probably
not very usable, though.

Mirko